The D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership is looking for new board members to steer its activities. In short, the LEP is a business-led organisation promoting economic growth and job creation across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
More about the D2N2 LEP
In summary, Local Enterprise Partnerships are locally-owned partnerships between the public and private sector. These private-sector led partnerships play a central role in deciding local economic priorities and undertaking activities in order to drive economic growth and create local jobs.
D2N2 is the fifth largest of the 38 LEPs in England, covering an area with a population of more than two million people and an economic output of around £45 billion GVA (Gross Value Added). Moreover, our goal is to improve our economy’s productivity through inclusive growth. Our vision is to achieve a more prosperous, better connected, and increasingly resilient and competitive economy.
Experience and attributes
Board members must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A clear strategic vision, excellent communication and leadership skills. And a demonstrable understanding of the drivers of economic prosperity.
- Significant experience of leading a successful business based within the D2N2 area in one of the key sectors, demonstrating credibility and achievement as a driver of private sector growth in the D2N2 area.
- Well-connected, with demonstrable links with other businesses and organisations.
- Knowledge and passion for the economic and business drivers which will enhance the vitality and competitiveness of D2N2.
- Preparedness to assume leadership roles on specific issues by agreement with the Chair. And to help drive work forward across the Partnership between formal Board meetings.
- Commitment to serve for up to three years at regular LEP Board meetings, other events and to champion the work of the Local Enterprise Partnership.
This is a real opportunity to both get involved and make a difference to your local economy. Board members will need to contribute up to 2 working days per month to board activities. Furthermore, they will be paid expenses only for this activity.
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 21st December 2018. Then we will invite shortlisted candidates for discussions with LEP Board members in early January. Moreover, we will acknowledge all applications.
Applications should quote the reference D2N2 Board Application and should include a letter outlining how your experience and networks would benefit the LEP. Furthermore, you should pay particular attention to the ‘Experience and Attributes’ criteria as outlined above.
Please submit your application via email to Sally Hallam. Alternatively, you can submit an application via post, marked ‘Strictly Private and Confidential’, to:
8 Experian Way
NG2 Business Park
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in further detail, please contact Sajeeda Rose on 07879 350140.
This post first appeared on Invest Ashfield & Mansfield website.
Click to read the full original article.